The non-profit organization Pratiman-Neema Memorial Foundation (PNMF) (Siddharthanagar) is looking to hire a full time IT Program Coordinator. The PNMF organization 1) operates a college campus –Pratima-Neema Memorial Health Institute (PNMHI), 2) runs an international research center –Lumbini Center for Sustainability (LCS), and 3) engages in local (e.g., community projects) and global outreach programs (e.g., study abroad program, Lumbini Circle Loop). The IT coordinator is the resource person to operationalize various IT-related needs of these three functionalities.
- Upgrade and maintain two websites for PNMHI (http://pnmhi.edu.np/) and PNMF (http://pnfoundation.org.np/ ) and all the related contents and programs;
- Proactively keep all the web contents up-to-date (create, test, implement and maintain program codes);
- Be a resource person to help design and maintain PNMHI’s technology-related instructional needs (e.g., computer lab, smartboard, video conferencing room, campus-wide email system, online resources and training, operate computer literacy training);
- Create and maintain e-portals to upload scientific data gathered on the field or through environmental sensors such as Laser Egg, 5 in 1 Weather Station (e.g., data server, cloud);
- Develop innovative ways to disseminate information in the public through media and communication portals and tools (e.g., dynamic visualization web platform; App);
- Be ready to work with the international team (e.g., Sustainable Lab of the Nepal Study Center, University of New Mexico);
- Be a team player to work with other IT consultancy and IT advisory of PNMF, and proactively alert them of any new tools and emerging technologies for possible adoption for PNMF’s platform;
- Have an open mind about new tasks and challenges and be ready to undertake assignments;
- Maintain proper documentations, timeline, and observe timely deliverables.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field;
- Self-starter with a strong proactive management style;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple project objectives;
- Atleast 2 years experience in developing and/or managing website;
- Experience working with WordPress for website development;
- Knowledge of wordpress codex, theme/plugin development and associated technologies;
- Must have knowledge of WordPress Theme concepts;
- Strong proficiency in WordPress;
- Excellent knowledge in PHP Programming;
- Should be flexible and adaptable in changing working conditions;
- Must have passion for research and creative ideas;
- Excellent analytical skills and planning skills;
- English proficiency in writing and speaking.
A successful candidate must be able to adapt to changes and opportunities as they emerge at PNMF and/or at its affiliated academic or research institutions (LCS center, PNMHI). The IT program coordinator should be able to think independently and be proactive in advancing the mission of the PNMF organization in all three areas of activities: educational, research, and the local and global community outreach.
Salary will be commensurate to the successful candidate’s qualification and experience.
For initial screening, send the following materials to email@example.com 1) personal statement describing how your qualification and experience may fit the position’s need as described under the section RESPONSIBILITIES, 2) your resume with the names and email addresses of at least two references, and 3) any sample of your work.
After the initial screening, potential candidates will be invited for the second round of the interviewing process (e.g., in person, phone, email, or skype).
Pratiman-Neema Memorial Foundation (PNMF), Siddharthanagar Municipality, Lumbini, Nepal: http://pnfoundation.org.np/