PNMF is a founding trustee of a nonprofit polytechnic college –PNMHI. Accredited by the CTEVT, the college offers associate degree in Medical Lab Technician, and is licensed to offer other degrees in areas such as Radiology, Pharmacy, and Assistant Lab technician, and Forestry.
The newly built PNMHI campus hopes to include several new educational initiatives in the near future:landscape ecology (bio-park learning center), sustainable technology, environmental monitoring, and entrepreneurial certificate degree. PNMHI college is encouraged by the progress made so far and hopes to offer a broad range of educational opportunities for degree seeking students.
PNMF has created several research platforms. Examples of PNMF’s commitment in building research capacity are as follows:
- Sustainable Technologies and Innovation Laboratory to develop, test, and disseminate sustainable technologies (e.g., soil, water, and medicinal plant; renewable energy and solar technology; affordable and sustainable housing design) Read More
- Lumbini Center for Sustainability , a transnational autonomous research center, bringing together scholars, institutions, and policy makers to debate and share knowledge on critical issues of our time (e.g., climate change, poverty, building community resilience) Read More
- Bio-park Learning Center, is an initiative to promote environmental monitoring, awareness, and citizen science programs.Read More
All of these initiatives are developed in collaborations with our network of national and international scholars and institutions. To facilitate these activities in research and collaborations, PNMF is developing two offices at its college: the Office of Research, Planning, and Development and the Office of Global Affairs and Community Outreach.
Partnerships between academia and communities have increasingly become an integral part of the learning environment of any higher learning system. PNMF defines community engagement in a broader sense as collaboration between itself and the larger communities –locally, regionally, nationally, and globally. Interactions with the global and the local communities can take place in many dimensions.
- Curricular engagement and internships
- Collaborative outreach and public service
- Community engaged research and citizen science
- Capacity building and visitor-ship
- Social Justice and Empowerment
With its ever growing presence and assets in education, research, and the intellectual network, PNMF has embarked on a bold mission to become one of the best knowledge platforms in the country. Read More
GRANTS, FINANCES & ENDOWMENT FUNDS
Being a non-profit organization, PNMF relies on grants and fund raising to support its infrastructural needs. As of 2014, PNMF has raised approximately $800,000 to construct two buildings ($300,000: Science wing, Ratamata High School, Pyuthan; $500,000: PNMHI campus). Both projects were funded by the Government of India. In 2015, PNMF also raised $40,000 for the river restoration project. Several smaller scholarship funds are also being established at the college.
PNMHI college was stablished with the seed money provided by its trustee, PNMF. Later, PNMF donated land for the new building as a matching fund on the new building grant. PNMF is continuously looking for donors to support various initiatives (e.g., Bio-park Learning Center, Lumbini Center for Sustainability, Innovation Lab, solar installations, and IT network and broad band installation to support open online curriculum access.). Efforts are also underway to create an endowment fund.